Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Second Life

Well, Second Life is an interesting place! I have used it before in one of my classes and right now Florida State U. is constructing a virtual campus. Soon, I will be able to visit my professor during office hours to discuss issues, concerns, etc. My professor said the only difference is that the couches in his virtual office are much nicer than the ones in his real office :-)!
I think that there is a place for Second Life in libraries...it is another avenue to reach people and offer services. It can also be used to hold programs and seminars. If you go to an art museum in Second Life you can buy a t-shirt to show off your visit to the museum, maybe our Friends group can sell virtual tshirts...at least the manufacturing cost would be minimal!

No comments: